Script editor for Generic Devices Not Working

I'm trying to add an input device under Generic devices. When clicking "Parse Device Input/Output" the analyzer window pops up. Unfortunately the scripting editor is greyed out and unavailable.

I right clicked the editor area and selected "Inspect Element". There are 3 errors:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ';'. Expected an opening '(' before a method's parameter list.

ReferenceError: Can't find variable: monaco

Failed to load error. I searched inside the BTT app and sure enough there is no "min-maps" folder or "loader.js.map" file.

I'm assuming these are the reason the editor doesn't work.

Device information:

• iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.7
  • BetterTouchTool version: Version 4.053 (2272)

unfortunately I think th he webview on 10.15 doesn't support losing the Javs Script due to a bug that has been fixed on macOS 11 or 12 ;-(

Is there a reason you are staying in 10.15?

I use my Mac for music production so I'm slow to update for fear of losing/breaking plugins/software :confused:

Are you saying the errors I found in the app are unrelated?
The file it's trying to load doesn't exist inside the app.

the map file is not necessary, that's why it's not included. The problem is the errors before that, the editor seems to use some Java Script features that were not available on macOS 10.15 ;-/

I'll check whether there are some polyfills that could make it work with old Safari.