Screenshot Images Are Missing Color When Uploaded

I occasionally have an issue with BetterTouchTool where an image I screenshot will appear faded when I try to upload it (example attached). It looks fine when I open it on my Mac, but it becomes faded when I upload it to a site.

Screenshot_2023-05-18 22.52.36_lTeXXE

I often screenshot images and then upload them to Twitter, Wix, etc. and I find issues if they are screenshotted from BetterTouchTool.

I have updated to the latest alpha version. I have tried using jpeg and png. I normally have to copy and paste it into Photoshop and then re-save the image, which sort of defeats the purpose of the screenshot.

I'm using a MacBook Pro M1 Max. MacOS Monterey v12.6.3.

I am using BetterTouchTool version 4.075

Following up +1

Bettertouchtool uses the standard macOS screen capture utility and doesn't modify screenshots taken any further. Has maybe something changed with your displays color profile?

I also have been facing this issue for a while now. Knowing that the screenshotting itself is done with the native MacOS utility I was able to reproduce and narrow down the issue:

1. Take screenshot with BTT -> BTT pop-up window with options to Edit, Save, etc.
    -> The screenshot on disk looks normal.
  2. Click "Save"
    -> Screenshot on disk is faded.
  3. Open the png in gimp and directly "Overwrite Screenshot...png" and it looks ok again. (This was my workaround until now.)

So just something odd happening when BTT is "saving" the screenshot probably?