Safari swipe-back default macOS gesture stops working

Describe the bug
After some seemingly random amount of time or under some unknown condition, the default macOS Safari swipe-back (two finger on trackpad, one finger on Magic Mouse) stops working. The page will slide over and stutter a bit, and then pop right back. The only reason I attribute this to BTT is that restarting BTT from the menubar fixes the issue. Has been present for many versions going back perhaps a couple of years.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Built-in trackpad, Magic Mouse.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Late 2016 MacBook Pro 15"
  • macOS version: 10.13.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.503

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

I have this issue as well with the Magic Mouse and it's driving me crazy. it's not just safari it's also any application in Mac OS that uses this one finger swipe, like Mail.
it also breaks double tapping zoom with one finger.
I am using the most latest version 2.697 in High Sierra 10.13.6.
restarting BTT used to fix it in previous versions but no longer. restarting the system does fix it, but that's not a good fix. please fix :frowning:

Same issue for me.
One way to get the macOS gestures working again is to use this command: pmset displaysleepnow; sleep 5; caffeinate -u -t 1 but it would be great to fix this bug :-/

Answer from the dev here: Anyone having issues with pinch to zoom?