Right-ward horizontal scrolling doesn't work on 3rd party mice when BTT is running

Describe the bug
The title says most of it - if BTT is open, scrolling right with 3rd party mice (I have two) doesn't work. Right-scrolling with my built in macbook touchpad does work. Scrolling in all other directions works on 3rd party mice, just not scrolling right. As long as BTT is open, right-ward scrolling won't work on 3rd party mice. As soon as you quit BTT, it works. I have checked my triggers / presets for anything related to scrolling that might be causing this, but I don't see anything.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
3rd party mice.

Screenshots
N/A

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook pro 2018
  • macOS version: big sur 11.6.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.722

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
I have the latest version of BTT installed. I have tried rebooting and re-installing, neither helps.

Seems to work fine here (tested on my MX Master 3 ).
Do you maybe have any other mouse related apps installed that could conflict with BTT?

Hi Andreas -
I have software installed for a logitech mouse. When I close / open that, behavior of other 3rd party mice doesn't change. Only when I launch / quit BTT.

I take that back - I have another piece of mouse software called "CursorSense" - disabling that has no affect on right-scrolling either.

Maybe you have assigned an action to the scrolling in BTT?

But it could well be some conflict with the logitech software, quitting that won't remove it's configuration as far as I know.

That was it - thx Andreas.

Before I opened the ticket, I thought I checked all the devices (like my touchpad), however when you asked again just now, I went back and double-checked and found a device I don't use that had "scroll right" configured to do nothing. I must have added that trigger accidentally at some point and forgot. I deleted it and now everything is working. Sorry about that, and thx.

1 Like