Reorganizing... spring cleaning in progress

My Workflows have become very cluttered and I want to reorganize them under the "Automations & Named & Other Triggers". What is the easiest way to transfer existing triggers from, for example, "StreamDeck" to "Automations & Named & Other Triggers"? Tried copy & paste but that didn't work. I hope I don't have to create each one individually from scratch... but spring cleaning must be done. Thank you.

You are right, this is currently not easily possible. But it gave me an idea, I could easily create a "convert to named trigger" option.

Right now your best bet is to copy them to a text editor, then search & replace the BTTTriggerType to the value 643 and the BTTTriggerClass to "BTTTriggerTypeOtherTriggers". Then copy them again and paste in the "Automations, Named & Other Triggers" section.

That would be great. Depending on how quickly you can implement it, I would wait with cleaning. I don't really feel like doing it anyway. It's more of a preparation for another eagerly awaited update :wink:

How is it that I know exactly what "eagerly awaited update" SLE is talking about? :innocent:

I have no idea what you are talking about :see_no_evil:

Now that I think about it, it wasn't you who announced incredibly powerful floating menus for the end of February. I can't remember who that was right now. :thinking:

But maybe that would be an idea for BTT as well? :sweat_smile:

I'm counting the days like a child waiting for Christmas...

"You are right, this is currently not easily possible. But it gave me an idea, I could easily create a "convert to named trigger" option."

Do you have an ETA on the "easily" to realize "convert to named trigger" option?
Thanks!

No eta, haven't looked into it yet.

ah too bad. had understood your statement so that it is not much work and thus could be implemented relatively quickly. I tried your workaround but especially with triggers that have multiple actions i had difficulties.

can probably be implemented quickly, but my TODO list is full of things that can be implemented quickly :sweat_smile:

Search & replace didn't work for you?

Unfortunately no. As I said, it worked for triggers that have only one action. As soon as several actions with one trigger were called one after the other it did not work. But my "programming knowledge" is non-existent - so I'm not really surprised by that outcome.

Slowly I am making progress with the transition to Named Triggers. However, I would like to adopt the icons of the StreamDeck buttons. I can remember that the "Save Icons for Selected Trigger to File" button worked. In the current version, it asks where to save, then acts like it's saving, but no file is created. Can you reproduce this?

THX for Version: 4.046 (2264)

I'm sorry that I still have to complain but the "Save Icons for Selected Trigger to File" Button still doesn't work for me. It has worked before so I assume something went wrong with it. Please?

Any progress on the "incredibly powerful floating menus"? :slight_smile:

Bildschirmfoto von BetterTouchTool (27-02-23, 17-38-45)

I think I have not yet implemented icon saving for Stream Deck, will check soon.

1 Like