Rearranging tabs in apps resizes windows

Describe the bug

The most recent release (1.9.8) includes the following new feature:

• Improved ability to drag tabs in many apps and immediately resize them

This feature works great, but it works a little too well. There are two situations that involve dragging tabs in apps like Chrome:

1. Converting a tab into a separate window
  2. Rearranging the order of tabs in a single window

In situation 1, I would like to be able to immediately resize the window, and this feature works great for that. However, in situation 2, I would not expect the window to be resized just because I changed the order of tabs. I have custom snap areas near the top left corner of my window, and at the moment I have to re-resize my window every time I change the order of tabs in Chrome.

Affected input device

Mouse

Screenshots

N/A

Device information

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (Reinta, 13-inch, Early 2013)
  • macOS version: 10.15.7 (Catalina)
  • BetterSnapTool version: 1.9.8

Additional information

Only workaround at the moment is to disable my custom snap areas. Is it possible to disable this new feature? While I would love to use it in situation 1, I would rather not use it at all in order to avoid situation 2.

I’ll add an option to disable it!

Thanks! Is it possible to disable only for situation 2, or is there no way to differentiate between situations 1 and 2 internally?

I can add an option to only allow it for standard snap areas, not for custom ones - but BST can’t recognize whether the tab is just being dragged around or whether it’s dragged into a new window - it only records the start and end of a drag.

Thanks, that's unfortunate. Yes, an option to disable this feature would be helpful. I may also decrease the height of my custom snap areas so that it doesn't overlap with application tabs.