Provide a list of valid properties for JSON representation of BTT actions

Hi. Is there any way for you to provide a list of properties (as well as values :scream:) that are considered as valid for BTT so it can trigger it? I mean there are LOTS of possible actions and if you provide them as a list in the docs I could improve my helper tools as well

Or perhaps it already exists, and I simply don't know where to look?
CC: @Andreas_Hegenberg

Unfortunately such a list currently doesn't exist and would currently be hard to export & maintain. I'll keep you updated but for now the only way to find out the possible values is to copy a configured trigger.

Alright, thanks for letting me know! If anything changes and you remember, please ping me :slight_smile:

Will do! Such a list / description file would also be helpful for share.folivora.ai, so I'll probably work on this... but I'm not sure when it'll be ready.

1 Like

Hmm, would you mind explaining the JSON properties importance a little bit? Just a few questions if you don't mind:

What is more important / neccessary to trigger the action? BTTPredefinedActionType or BTTPredefinedActionName? Or perhaps both?

How likely is that the BTTPredefinedActionName will change (ex from "Toggle BetterTouchTool Touch Bar" to "Toggle BTT Touch Bar"), I'm asking because I'm curious whether such changes will affect the further compatilbility with BTT.

Why are there BTTEnabled2 and BTTEnabled?

Those are important for me because I'm developing a node package around the BTT API :slight_smile: Thanks!

the action name is not actually used, it's just for making the json more rreadable. You can leave it out if you want.
BTTEnabled2 and BTTEnabled are there for legacy reasons. If possible just provide both all the time.

Your project sounds interesting!

1 Like

Maybe this link could be useful for this thread: