Presets: "feature" or bug?

Describe the bug
I bought a lifetime license to BTT and am running 3.373 on Catalina 10.15.4.

I'm trying to take a setup I've created (that works), create a backup (via export), then import that backup as a new preset without overwriting the setup that works. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but when I export and then import, the settings are lost.

The steps appear to be:

1. make sure the preset/setup is selected as the master preset
  2. export the preset/setup and name it
  3. to import the exported backup preset/setup without overwriting the one that works, it looks like you have to create a new blank preset/setup in BTT
  4. make the new preset the master preset/setup so the backup gets imported into it
  5. choose import, select the desired backup, and choose to replace the current selected master preset with the exported "backup" preset/setup

Every time I do the above, the exported settings (of the setup that works) are lost. Fortunately I learned how to keep the setup that works by never deleting it or overwriting it. The problem I'm having is I can only "keep" the working setup in BTT because I haven't figured out how to export it and import it without overwriting the setup/preset that works!

Maybe this is so easy/intuitive that I haven't figured it out.
Any help appreciated.
Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
mouse and trackpad

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:
MacBook Pro 16-inch
Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Imprint | Privacy Policy