Preferences menu keeps popping up randomly

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
The BTT preferences panel pops up randomly multiple times throughout the day. I am using the Setapp version.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Macbook Pro

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 11.6 (20G165)
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")
    Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Same problem here. Very annoying.

2 Likes

This has been happening for me for a long time. I can't find any pattern, it happens when I'm doing nothing just sitting near the computer, it happens when I'm away and I find the prefs dialog box open when I return, it happens when I'm in the middle of doing things. It happens when I have my external keyboard and mouse plugged in, it happens when I'm just using my bare laptop. It happens day and night. Sometimes it happens soon after it happens before, sometimes it's a day or two in between.

v3.579

Is there any solution to this? I keep facing this issue as well. It seemed to have stopped and then just started happening again yesterday. Happens many times a day!

I found a solution.

Step 1: Uninstall the app
Step 2: Keep the app uninstalled
Step 3: Done!

Experiencing the same issue. So annoying.

Workaround and main discussion in this thread, closing here: Configuration window appears out of the blue - #19 by Andreas_Hegenberg