Possible conflict with Google Chrome... Also issue with saving BTT settings on exit

I had a mysterious issue occur with Google Chrome that I believe was due to a BTT conflict. It would not launch. I repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled. Attempted starting to Safe Mode. Uninstalled using Clean My Mac X. Nothing helped. Chrome would briefly bounce in the dock then stop. It was not shown in the window of running applications when I hit Option-Command-Esc.

I tried disabling BTT, but every time I quit the application (or when I would shut down to then restart), BTT threw a "Could not merge changes." error message.

The only way to solve the Chrome issue was to remove the ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/ folder contents then relaunch, which recreated the folder.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
N/A

Screenshots
screenshot_378|473x500

Device information:

• iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014
  • macOS version: Big Sur (11.6.2)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 1.9.5

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

This is not a conflict, but you seem to have a file permission error with your Application Support folder. The error message BTT/BetterSnapTool has shown is caused by the same issue why Google Chrome didn't launch - the apps are not able to write to their data folders.

This is however not caused by BetterSnapTool nor by Chrome.
Did you restore from a time machine backup or similar?