Play/Pause Widget takes Forever to Update

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

I'm experiencing a bug where my AppleScript detecting the play state of iTunes/Spotify take forever to return from BTT, but when running the AppleScript independently it returns essentially instantly. Do you have any suggestions for why this might occur? Is there a way you suggest collecting this information which runs better with BTT? I'd be happy to send you my AppleScript over email if you'd like. Thanks!

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15" 2017
  • macOS version: 10.13.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.523

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

BTT just uses the system methods to run the Apple Script. However if you have multiple scripts that run continuously they will be queued, because only one can run at a time. Thus it may need to wait until the other scripts have finished.