Pinch/zoom action for generic mouse extra button+wheel?

Hi I got an external mouse with two extra buttons (like the Logitech MX).

I was trying to understand if BTT can allow me to do what I actually do with my Logitech MX, that is emulating pinch to zoom (not window/font zoom but the trackpad pinch to zoom action) using one of the extra buttons+wheel on my generic mouse.

I was thinking, because Logitech MX utility can do it, then it must be available somehow to other programs to do so. Is it possible to do so with BTT with a mouse providing extra buttons that BTT can actually see?

1 Like

Push!

No this is not possible with BTT because there are no available API's to create native zoom events as far as I know. Logitech is possibly using lower level ways than BTT can use to make it work.

Mac Mouse Fix 3 beta can do it.
It would be great to have it on BTT. It's the only thing I miss from my trackpad other than it being much quieter than the mouse.

1 Like

Yes, some time has passed since the last comment and I have also found ways to achieve this by reverse engineering some of the native events. I have implemented a proof of concept a while ago and might push it into one of the next BetterTouchTool versions.

2 Likes

Any news on this? Mac Mouse Fix 3 does not work together with Logi Options+ but the CMD+Scroll to zoom function is something I'm missing like for 25 years now...

What's new?

I‘m also looking for this functionality. I‘m also currently using the Mac Mouse Fix Beta and would be happy to have this in BTT. Currently I‘m using the BTT trial to verify if it fits to my requirements.

Regards
Finke

I am also interested in this, if possible.
I would use mac mouse fix, but I would like to minimize the app dependencies and it doesn't work with logi options+.
Also, the option to click and drag to change spaces is very welcoming.

Warm regards,
Lui