Phantom clicks and events

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug

I am not sure if this is caused directly by BetterTouchTool, but I'm reporting in case others have the same experience, in which case it should be fixed.

Problem: When my system is under heavy load (high RAM usage), I would sometimes experience phantom clicks or phantom drag and drop, particularly of windows and tabs in Safari. Also, when I trigger space switching with "ctrl ->" or "ctrl <-", the computer would switch to the new space and then switch right back. These problems seems to go away if I disable BetterTouchTool.

For now, even though I love the product, I'm chosen to stop using it and use another alternative, at least until I feel comfortable knowing what's the cause. These phantom events (clicks, drag and drops, space switching) are kind of dangerous.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.): Mouse (and keyboard?)

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
  • macOS version: 10.15.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.262

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I found the problem. These phantom events seems to only happen when I'm using my Logitech mouse, specifically the one that has been programmed by GHub. It seems to be more noticeable when BetterTouch is on, but the problem is coming from how Logitech program their keys.

Specifics of the problem: In GHub for the Mac (I don't know about windows), the default delay between each recorded keystroke is 50ms. This is apparently TOO fast. The recorded keys will execute without problems under normal conditions, but if your system is running a little slow because it's juggling a lot of windows, then the recorded keystrokes and mouse clicks can misfire, causing you to experience phantom events.

Solution: Go to GHub, disable the default setting of having 50ms delay between keys, and re-record your macros.