Paste from JSON in clipboard crashes BTT.

Describe the bug
Paste from JSON in clipboard crashes BTT

Occurs with this preset:

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 10.14.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.760

I think it might be because since recently after updating, my BTT is in german (I'm from germany) and I just realized there is some german in the JSON, too. Maybe I'm blind here, but I can't find a setting to switch the language back to english. I'm using BTT version 2.756.

Edit: actually BTT itself isn't in german, but some integrated apple stuff (or whatever you would call it) is:

Edit 2: Actually maybe the change of language didn't occur after a BTT update. I figured but I'm not sure. I'm using macos version 10.14.3

the bug is not related to the language, I will fix it with the next alpha!

(the readable parts in the json are just for readability, they are not actually used)

1 Like

I thought I was able to reproduce this, but turned out my issue was something different. @yuukio, could you post the crashlog from your machine? (console app => user reports)

The time widget seems to work perfectly here!

Interesting...

Unfortunatley my MacBook is being repaired :cry: so I can’t do that right now...

(N key was double pressing so I went and did the free keyboard replacement. Turns out they’re gonna replace the whole enclosure with the keyboard, including a new touchbar, trackpad, new battery and speakers for free because they welded all of that onto the enclosure :joy::grin:)

1 Like

got that also done two times already :grinning: These shitty keyboards are so annoying.

1 Like

Well, Free new battery :+1:

I actually like the keyfeel, how little I need to press them and how CRISPY the click is, is nice. If only they had better ingress protection..

imo they should’ve enclosed the contacts fully with the membrane like the old keebs (they had the sheet of rubber underneath if you remember) rather than just the outside rim as it still has holes