Paste as plain text not working in MS Office

Describe the bug
With Clipboard Manager 'Paste Items' shortcut, the 'paste as plain text' option doesn't work in Office 365 Mac. Any copied text is pasted as '-' when assigned to a shortcut. The same applies when pasting from the Pasteboard History with the plain text option. Pasting formatted text works as expected and this doesn't affect other apps.

Also, the Pasteboard History sometimes doesn't show copied items correctly in Office 365. The preview is fine, but the list shows a text string of the form {\rtf\adelflang1025\ansi...

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
  • macOS version: 10.14.5 (18F132)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.083

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

You can disable the Microsoft Office Performance optimizations to workaround this:

Unfortunately the Microsoft apps do some very weird things for clipboard management and none of the solutions to that comes without problems...

I think I have found a workaround for the two issues you described, they will be added to the next alpha version later today - you don't need to disable the performance optimizations afterwards

Disabling optimisations solves the problem, but I'll look out for the alpha, too. :slight_smile:

I don't see any option to paste as plain text within BetterTouchTool. What are the developments re this issue? Thanks.

This topic was about the clipboard manager in BTT.

If you just want to paste plain text use cmd+opt+shift+v this is built-in in macOS