OS Lag, very obvious– works fine when BTT isn't open. Possible software conflict?

Describe the bug
My problem is identical to the one reported here: OS lag. extremely noticeable when click and dragging windows around the desktop

My computer has been choppy, especially when moving windows, for months and I just chalked it up to something I couldn't control. But I closed BTT and it was smooth again!

The solution that poster proposed was this, which did not work for me:

Just figured it out. When mouse is set to:

**Report rate (per second):**
**1,000**

It get laggy.

I've always set it to 1,000 but no issues with BTT in the past. I'll continue with 500 and make sure it runs smooth.

Was using a Razer and now Logitech currently with their driver software.

If I click a title bar, wait a couple of seconds, then drag, it's smooth. But if I just click and drag like normal, I get a stutter. I have an MX Master 2S so I cannot adjust the report rate.

I have also tried resetting BTT to factory settings and removing all presets, and the lag still occurs. It's almost as if BTT is detecting my mouse click and waiting to see if I do something else, if that makes sense.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Any. mouse/trackpad.

Screenshots
Copying link from original poster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4gh03U29fY

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2017 MacBook Pro 15" with Touchbar
  • macOS version: 10.14.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.099

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Possible software conflict?

• Logitech Options software with unifying software (MX Master 2S and K750 Keyboard)

Don't have anything else running that I would see be a problem.

There have been some reports like this for the Slack app in combination with BTT. Is that maybe your issue as well? In that case try disabling Window Snapping for Slack.

Otherwise it could be some conflict if you have other keyboard/mouse related apps installed, but I haven't heard of any big conflicts in the last few months.

Same problem here, when Logitech software is installed there is a noticeable lag that goes away once BTT is the only app handling mouse drivers. The problem here is that BTT does not recognize all the MX Master 2S buttons. Is there any way to disable mouse drivers from BTT completely, so I could install Logitech drivers to handle the entire button configuration? Or can you add the rest of the buttons for MX Master in a future update?

Thanks

Hello, I am also wondering if there's a possibility to completely disable any mouse-related modules since I'm using additional drivers and also have issues with performance.

1 Like