Option for alternate script refresh rate when on battery power

Right now there is only one refresh rate setting for script widgets. Although this has been serviceable, it can lead to many widgets using too much energy when on battery power, or not enough when connected to AC power.

I propose a second script refresh rate setting that would override the first refresh rate when on battery power. This would be optional, and by default would be set to nothing and automatically inherit the value from the main refresh rate setting. On devices without batteries, this setting wouldn't do anything.

Using such a feature I could effectively introduce a "low power mode" for GC, extending battery life by several hours by throttling performance only when disconnected from power.

Good idea!

Indeed!

2 Likes

Hi, is this feature still being work on? I love the preset but it is consuming a lot of energy for me as well. If possible could you have an automation for this?

1 Like

The #1 complaint about GC is battery usage, and there is currently pretty much nothing I can do about it.

@Andreas_Hegenberg please make this feature!

2 Likes

Maybe some possibility to see what is consuming the energy? which script or smth like that..