Open Native OS X Split View for Window not working

Keyboard shortcut Open Native OS X Split View for Window (Left and Right) not working: they have no effect. Other window management actions work fine.

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15.6 inch 2019 version.
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.4.
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.365 and also 3.368

I also have issues with the Native OS X Split View. BTT crashes everytime I press this button.

Mac: MBP 15 inch 2019
OSx: catalina 10.15.5
BTT: 3.392

@Andreas_Hegenberg do you know why my BTT keeps crashing when trying to use the Native OS x Split view button?

1 Like

Indeed, I now experience the same behavior: BTT crashes when I execute the Open Native OS X Split View command.

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15.6 inch 2018 version.
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.7.
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.401

Any update on this? Just purchased lifetime license for this single function and it just crashes...

I need to purchase a new license in order to keep using BTT, but I am not going to, unless this bug is fixed.

This action only works on older macOS. On newer ones use the macOS native shortcuts that are available in the Window menu of an app. (You can also trigger them using the predefined action "Trigger Menubar Menu Item")

I'll hide the action to prevent confusion.

1 Like

I was on legacy BTT, thinking that if I got the new updates this would be fixed. On legacy, it didn’t do anything. But on the new updated version it just crashes.

Works very well:

Controlling Other Applications > Trigger Menubar Menu-Item > Window;Tile Window to Left of Screen

and likewise for Tile Window to Right of Screen

1 Like

Sorry to revive this but "Tile Window to Left of Screen" does something completely different to moving the window to the left. (It puts it into fulls screen mode and puts the other half of the screen into Mission Control to select an app to pair with it.)

Which is fine. But it does mean that I can't find a command in BTT to move a window to cover half the left of the screen or half of the right. Just thirds.

Am I missing something?

Also "Open Native MacOS Split View for Window" still does nothing and is in the latest version I'm on.

You can use the "Maximimize Window Left / Right" actions or the custom move/resize actions :slight_smile:

Maximise window left (for some reason I can't work out) makes my safari window take up two thirds of the horizontal space.

Did you change these values in the advanced settings?

I did. Then I changed them back, But if that's why then I may need to restart the app?

Yep. Working now. I'm sorry!.