open link in new tab - safari shortcut

I can't figure it out and am hoping someone can help me!

I want to make a gesture for trackpad so that if I do a two-finger tap on a link, it will open that link in a new tab in the background in Safari. Is that possible? Seems easy enough but I don't see any options to make it work via BTT!

Easy!
In Safari Settings, go to → Tabs and check the Box "⌘-click opens a link in a new tab".
In BTT, Set "Two finger Tab" to Action "⌘-Click" (You can limit this action to Safari).
Pay attention that your two finger tap does not interfere with your trackpad Secondary Click Settings (in System Prefs → Touchpad).

Thanks, that was easy!

Now I want to make a gesture for a Logitech mouse so that if I do a right-click on a link, it will open that link in a new tab in the background in Safari. Is that possible? Looks like Logitech mice are severely limited with the right-click customizing....

This should be possible with the same action in the "Normal Mice" Tap of BTT.

I only have my Magic Mouse so I can't test it, but the procedure should be the same.

I've got that ready to go... only thing is that a right-click requires a modifier key.

Is there any way to bypass a modifier key? I'm hoping to just right-click and go. Not sure why it "requires" a modifier key... but hoping there is a workaround. Thanks so much for your help!

What is the Logitech Mouse we are talking about?

it is the M720... a newer model