Now playing widget does not work with Spotify

Describe the bug
For the Now Playing Widget, it works as expected when playing music from Chrome and Apple Music, but when playing music from Spotify the widget disappears. Creating a new Now Playing widget while playing music causes it to momentarily appear with the Spotify logo and then disappear. I have enabled Spotify notifications and tried restarting. Both MacBook and BTT are of the most updated version at time of typing. I believe this is unrelated to Catalina as I have had this problem prior to Catalina. I'd appreciate assistance if possible.

Affected input device:
MacBook Touch Bar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 10.15.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.209

Exactly the same problem here. Tried to delete the widget and re-adding it. Does not fix the problem. Works fine for chrome and other apps but not Spotify. Used to work earlier this year.

This seems to be a Spotify error. The song title does not show up in mac "now playing" widget either.

Spotify may have some error while on some devices or platforms. But if possible, you could use Spotify offline on your device by using third-party tool like DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac, online music converter, etc. Good luck.