Notch bar - Selecting menu items

Describe the bug

Normal Mac OS behavior without the Notch Bar enabled: Click on any menu in the menu bar (see screenshot #1). Hold down the mouse (or trackpad) button and drag to highlight any menu item (see screenshot #2). Release the mouse. Result: The menu item is selected and the command is executed.

With the Notch Bar enabled: Do the same thing as above. Result: After the mouse is released, nothing happens. The menu stays open and the item stays highlighted (as in screenshot #2). You have to click the menu item again to get it to be selected and execute the command.

Workaround: After clicking on the menu in the menu bar, release the mouse immediately. The menu stays open and you can then click on the menu item. This behavior is the same with or without the touch bar enabled. Some people may actually prefer to select menu items this way, but gets a little tedious for me if I'm doing it a lot because it involves two mouse-downs instead of one.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Built-in trackpad. I also tried with a mouse attached to a USB port and it behaved the same way.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), M1 Max, 32GB RAM
  • macOS version: 12.2.1 (21D62)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.757 (1898) and earlier versions

Screenshot #1:

Screenshot #2: