No haptic feedback when using Actions Executed On Quick Flick

To repro:

  1. Add a trackpad configuration
  2. Select "2 Finger Swipe Down", for example
  3. Add a "Minimize window" action to "Actions Executed On Quick Flick" section, for example
  4. Go to "Advanced" (config) tab in right side bar
  5. Under "Additional Haptic Feedback" section, select any noticeable type of feedback
  6. Test the gesture. It will not perform any haptic feedback.

However, I tested and noticed that the haptic feedback works when adding the action under "Actions Executed on Trigger" section. What I'm doing for now as a workaround is adding a Perform Haptic Feedback on Trackpad action before the primary action.

Thank you.


Affected input device: Magic Trackpad (not sure if it affects built-in MacBook trackpad as well)


  • macOS Golden Gate 27.0.1
  • BetterTouchTool v6.885

the trackpad only does feedback while fingers are still touching, the quick flick only triggers after releasing the fingers, thus it is not possible to perform feedback then ;-(

I see. I guess I'll just use the "Perform Haptic Feedback on Trackpad" action workaround. Thanks!

ah wait, I missed that part. If that action works for you, then the other option should also! I'll have a look