New BetterTouchTool UI Progress

What do you mean by those two:

• Missing Configuration Keyboard Shortcut
• Show Floating WebView - config window button not working

Doesn't it show the web view configuration for you?

Most of the remaining not-inlined versions will at some point be moved fully to the side-bar.

Finder group is probably a good idea :slight_smile:

Hey, it'd be helpful, if BTT tells me that I have to use decimal point instead of comma. It'd be even better to change it to comma, when using German as language.

The standard UI elements in BTT should already use the system settings for decimal points. (System Preferences => Language & Region => Advanced)

Great!

The Floating Webview seems to be working now. Maybe it was a bug...

The Keyboard shortcut isn't modifiable in the config panel, I'd need to re-assign the shortcut to do that. It would be better if it worked like the other actions.

Here's a concept that I think is a lot less wordy but still understandable:

mmmmh... :thinking: when using comma, BTT doesn't recognize it...weird

Quick Device Icons Fix

New BTT Device Icons Fix.zip (24.4 KB)

@Andreas_Hegenberg
Mainly refined the Touch Bar one for readability. Don't forget to fix the Magic Mouse icon! You have an old magicmouse_pop.png which is overriding the new magicmouse_pop.tiff.

Drawings Icon is a hard one to get right on both dark and light modes :confused: I can't find something that works!

Awesome, added them in v2.801 alongside many other little fixes and visual improvements that have been reported during the last days. More to come :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some New Icons for the Preferences

@Andreas_Hegenberg

New BTT Preferences Images.zip (151.8 KB)

Thank you!

However I think I'll keep the old "general window snapping" icon, it's also used in BetterSnapTool so switching users will feel "at home" and I personally still kind of like it:

I like your other snapping icons, but I think they would look a bit better without the black bar on top.

2 Likes

Glad you liked them!

The window snapping icon in the Basic Settings panel wasn’t meant to change. It was only the diagram on the window snap toggle page that was meant to change, so maybe could you make them seperate images? (essentially don’t use the BetterSnapTool icon as a diagram)

Which icons had the black bar? and what is the black bar?

I can try remove them if you want.

• File Names?
  • point out the black bar to remove
  • on both dark and light variations or just one of those?

I mean the black bar representing the menubar, I don't think it's necessary :slight_smile: (not all screens on macOS necessarily have a menubar either).
I think I would just use these three for now:

No need to provide updated icons, I'll use the existing ones and see how they look without the black bar.

Update v2.802:

• significantly improved scrolling performance as I moved image drawing to the GPU.
  • fixed some display bugs.
  • adds compatibility with macOS 10.13
  • disabled items get added transparency
1 Like

@Andreas_Hegenberg

Having some issues with distorted icons in 2.803:

Icon Samples:

Text-Bold Text-Italic Text-StrikeThrough Text-Underline

Ah thanks, that should be resolved in v2.804 (online in a few minutes)

@Andreas_Hegenberg, from here on i'll be constructing AQT from the new UI to give you a real-use test. I'll list my hassles and issues, and suggestions in comments if you're okay with this!

@GoldenChaos! Come join me too! You can use your mod power to add to this list

This list will be re-commented every now and then.

Wishlist of small changes:

• :red_circle: In the table view, double right arrow doesn't expand the group / actions anymore
  • :red_circle: More stable ⌘Z. It fails a lot.
  • :red_circle: Make the selection palettes pop out of the add buttons instead of the config column, it results in less mouse movement
  • When adding a TouchBar trigger, have the 'normal touch bar button' selected as default so i can just press enter to confirm a normal trigger. Though, I actually think the seperate buttons 'add normal trigger' and 'add widget' was a bit quicker.
  • Keyboard Shortcut action should be default for a new regular button.

• Keep refining performance
  • :ok: enter to save and refresh (improve)

• :dark_sunglasses: Refine the - + buttons for activation groups. Should be Icons and the plus '+' should be first
  • :dark_sunglasses: Remove the <<< button in the Activation Apps/groups column, replacing it with resizing that column. (Squish it small to icon only)
  • :dark_sunglasses: More Concise Config Column (lowprio)
  • :dark_sunglasses: Speech bubble triangle for actions a biiiit more taller as I can barley see it... Remove the cells' bottom padding to accomodate for that? (and also the top padding for triggers that aren't first on the list so that they touch if possible) (lowprio)
    17%20pm

Points of Friction:

• Adding Multiple Triggers and Setting their action
  • Moving triggers out from one group to another (column view)
  • Saving edits is still too finicky to be released

Not Possible
  • :ok: Space to hide/show triggers (Space is kinda better than ⌘D) (Not Possible, used by default macOS to expand group in table view)
Completed

:white_check_mark: Grey text for hidden triggers
:white_check_mark: Disable icon inverting in the Activation Group column
:white_check_mark: Magic mouse uses the old icon (you have a duplicate in there, one is a tiff and the new one is a png?
:white_check_mark: You missed a way to access the docs, usage, BTT license / version and news info in the new UI. Try an “info” menubar

@Andreas_Hegenberg

When closing a selected group in the table view, it doesn't collapse the actions.

Unfortunately space is already used by the standard outline view on macOS to expand groups (I could disable this and use double arrow, but I like switching between columns using the arrow keys :-))

You can however just redefine the shortcut in system preferences if you'd prefer space to enable/disable.

I think that collapse issue is fixed in v2.804 (sorry, not online yet, the notarization is a bit slow currently)

1 Like

Seems like notarization got stuck on 2.804. It worked with 2.805 which is now online and includes some dark mode and undo/redo fixes. (Undo redo is a bit hard, but it should work better than before)

Hey, is it possible to add a field "Show all" in the drop down menu? It'd be much easier to edit entries, especially when you only have a couple of triggers.

Showing would in theory be possible, editing no (for technical reasons, adding that complexity is not something I want to do for now :-)).

I always liked the separation of stuff (even in the old UI), so I t hink this probably will not be added.

@Andreas_Hegenberg Quick Bugs:

• TouchBar: Setting the stick to left makes it stick to right.
  • TouchBar: Setting colours is a nightmare. Keeps resetting or bugging out to illegal colours (i think, because it's acting weird: Shows black in bar, shows 100% transparent in the well, shows a colour value in the picker)

I did these in a multi-selection edit. Then tried single selection edit but still didn't work.
Needed to use old UI to get these done.