NeonTouchBar | Simple and colorful

Meet NeonTouchBar

Just want to share my touch bar preset to everyone! Please, use it and enjoy :slight_smile:

UPDATE!!!

List of functionalities in sequence from left to right:

-- ESC button
-- Fullscreen button
-- Stats menu with CPU, GPU, Memory temps and also Fan 1 & 2 RPMs - Added: SSD free disk space, Network Download/Upload Throughput, Colorful logo

-- Battery Widget
-- WiFi toggle and IP-address (Removed)
-- Music control (Removed)
-- Date Widget

-- Empty Trash Button
-- Preferences button
-- Screenshot button

-- Volume control (Mute added)
-- Brightness control

-- Current language toggle
-- Lock button

-- Added gestures: 1-finger swipe left/right - Volume control, 2-finger swipe left/right - Brightness control
-- Dividers design improved

Many thanks to the users " GoldenChaos", " Doa", " Caliguvara", " synchronizing" and " marekkaczkowski/Touch-Bar-iStats".

New screenshots preview:

NeonTouchBar.bttpreset (818.0 KB)

If you really like my preset you can donate me some tips for coffee :ok_hand: :coffee:
My PayPal: PayPal.Me

Very nice, but CPU temp and fan RPM do not work on mijn MBP 13" 2019?
Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards,

Alex

Sorry, forgot to mention that for this Stats menu you should install iStats utility.

Thanks,
I see several different iStats apps in Store, can you tell me the one I have to install?

Please, use the iStats utility from Marek Kaczkowski (GitHub).

Sorry, but I'm new to this...
I keep getting an error when installing:

ast login: Sun Jan 19 23:34:03 on ttys000

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run chsh -s /bin/zsh.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

MacBook-Pro-van-Alex:~ alex$ /Users/alex/Downloads/iStats-master/bin/istats ; exit;

Traceback (most recent call last):

2: from /Users/Alex/Downloads/iStats-master/bin/istats:6:in `'

1: from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require': cannot load such file -- iStats ( LoadError )

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Proces voltooid]

I have Catalina installed....

I'm still using Mojave on my Macbook, don't know if there are some compatibility issues related to iStats.

But I have used this command "sudo gem install iStats" in Terminal, then entered admin password and iStats was installed automatically without any errors.

Not sure if marekkaczkowski's iStats version is 64 or 32 bits.
Try this link, if I remember correctly it contains the 64 bits version compatible with Catalina. But I stopped using it months ago :man_shrugging:t4:

Have tried every option, still not working.....cannot install

Got cpu, gpu and RAM temperature working finally, only Fan 1 and Two do not work.
They show up a split second after restarting BTT but disappear.
Think script is not working:

set FanSpeed to do shell script "/usr/local/bin/istats fan speed --value-only"

set Fan1 to "Fan 1: " & word 1 of FanSpeed & " rpm"

set Fan2 to "Fan 2: " & word 2 of FanSpeed & " rpm"

return Fan1

Hello there,
I used your plugin, but I found that when I press the ~ key above the tab key, it switches back to the system's default touch bar. How did this happen? I didn't add other extra plugins

Check in the keyboard section wether there is any action for that key :man_shrugging:t4:

Hi,

Yes, there is a Keyboard Shortcut added when you press the ` button. You can delete/add it at any time.

@davids0n Hi! Thanks for this awesome preset, I am using already for several months and really enjoy it!

I have some questions about it:

• What icons are used for this preset? :slight_smile:
  • Is there a quick hack how to enable music control also for firefox? Right now it's only works with chrome and safari.

Thanks!

Hi Kirill!

I'm happy that you like my preset, thank you)

Here the answers on your questions:

1. Some icons are from the BTT collection which is available in the app, another icons I've found in different websites with a big icon's collection (if you need it you can find it in Google, just type in search field "monochrome flat icons")
  2. Sorry, I don't know how to enable it, it seems like Firefox doesn't fully support a Mac's touchbar, because the Music Control in my BTT preset works in the same way as a native OSX control. So, Safari and Chrome support this, Firefox not. Maybe, you will find some extensions for Firefox to enable the Music Control.

Hi @davids0n,

I was just wondering if there was a way to display decimals with the CPU temp as I would like to know a more accurate temperature. Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi @davids0n,

Great work! Would you mind sending me one of the volume up/down icons (or a link to the same)? I would like to create a "mute sound" version of the same, i.e. removing the "sound waves" and crossing out the speaker symbol. Of course, if you still know the collection you took these from perhaps there is also a mute version.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards!

Nevermind, managed to extract them and create the following icons:

off on

1 Like

can this work with istat menus and if so can i just get the code so i can make my own widget for golden chaos

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't try to retrieve an info from iStatMenus.