multitouch gestures intermittently going out on MacBook Pro 2018

having an issue with multi-touch gestures sometimes not working intermittently. three finger/four finger actions work, but zoom + two finger swipe to show notification center are not working.

i am using better touch tool, but only with settings on the touch bar. turning BTT off doesn't fix it. the only way it is fixed is if i go to the Mac's settings, manually turn on and off zoom / two finger side swipe and then they start working again. thoughts??

have restarted a few times and the issue keeps intermittently popping up. occurs in all apps.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15" 2018 2.2
  • macOS version: macOS Mojave latest public beta
  • BetterTouchTool version: latest stable release

I've the same issue, but I'm not sure it's BTT related. I'm on the Mojave Beta too, and logged it through the Feedback app. You should do the same.
I was told to run a diagnostic both while it's happening (note what time you noticed it), and after you fix it, so they can try find the problem.

It looks like I am not the only one with this issue:

I think a bug has been introduced in the event tap handling on macOS Mojave (at least it has gotten worse). I'll try to add a workaround with the next BetterTouchTool version (alpha should be available tomorrow). I'll also file a bug report with Apple.

If you are experiencing this issue, make sure to not configure the pinch and rotate gestures in BTT for now.