Multiple trivial triggers now failing, can’t narrow down why

• Sorry, I couldn’t see where I can get alpha versions so haven’t tested that
  • I have rebooted
  • No repeatable crashing

• Please see attached DnD toggle trigger as an example. This pattern is repeated for many trivial triggers that have worked for years previously.
  • upon hitting ^⌥⌘D , I get the universal MacOS “Nope!” Error sound
  • the DnD status does not change
  • this was one of my earliest triggers and has worked for… 4+ years
  • it seemed to stop within the last 2 weeks, possibly when I had some issues with presets that required some rebuilding. Hence it’s probably my error, I just don’t have the tools e.g. a useful log message, to see what it’s complaining about.

• MBP inbuilt Keyboard

• N/A

Device information:

• Type of Mac: M1 MBP , 16-inch, 2021
  • macOS version: 14.4 (23E214)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.458

• Please just point me at the right resources and I’ll do the legwork!
    dnd_trigger.bttpreset (698 Bytes)

FYI I just :

1. deselected all presets,
  2. created a new one,
  3. selected the new one,
  4. deselected all the others,
  5. re-created the trigger

and exactly the same behaviour is observed.

Cheers

Oh, I also tried 4.368 - same behaviour.

Your trigger looks fine, so that's not the issue.

1.) Make sure BTT is not disabled for some reason:

2.) If that doesn't help, try to reset the BTT permissions using this terminal command. Quit BTT before doing so:

tccutil reset All com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool

When launching BTT the next time it will ask you to grant all permissions again.

The man himself! :smiley: :pray:t2:

So, I didn’t have BTT showing in the status bar, and so I enabled it, and also the Dock for good measure and the attached familiar (but not seen for some time) dialog popped up regarding the accessibility service. I duly followed the instructions êt voila, my little DnD trigger’s now working. So thanks!

BTW The docco link on the popup is busted. It takes you to http://docs.folivora.ai/docs/installation.html, which does not exist. Maybe that link just needs pointing at https://docs.folivora.ai/docs/1_installation.html instead?

Cheers,
Pete