Multiple Keyboard Conflict

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
2 x External USB Keyboards (I don't use the built-in keyboard)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro
  • macOS version: Mojave (10.14.5)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.373

Additional information:

Not sure if this is a bug, but it's a strange behaviour. The closest answer I got was Support for multiple keyboards

I use a Mac with Mojave for both home and office.

I don't use the built-in keyboard. I use BTT mainly for multiple keyboard support with 2 external keyboards via USB. I want to keep 1 keyboard as the main one, and the second one only for macros.

But I noticed this issue.

At home:
Mac -> Connect to TP-Link Powered USB Hub --> Microsoft Wireless Keyboard (no shortcuts, regular behaviour)
Mac -> Connect to TP-Link Powered USB Hub --> Acer Wired Keyboard (added shortcuts for Macros)

So I configured Macros with "Acer Keyboard" and "Works on keyboards with same type.....". And everything works fine.

At office:
I took the Microsoft keyboard to the office, and connected it to the same machine, via another USB Hub.

Mac -> USB Hub --> Microsoft Wireless Keyboard
Mac -> USB Hub --> HP Wired Keyboard

Now I'd expect both keyboards not to respond to any macros, because I only set the shortcuts for "Acer Keyboard" at home.
But both keyboards start to respond with Macros. Maybe "HP Keyboard" might have the same type as "Acer Keyboard", but the "Microsoft Keyboard" shouldn't respond to shortcuts.

Then I tried connecting the Microsoft keyboard directly to Mac, without the USB Hub. Again it responds to shortcuts. I found this strage, because that didn't happen when I was at home.

Back at home:

I came back home, and connected another wired Microsoft keyboard.

Mac -> Connect to TP-Link Powered USB Hub --> Microsoft Wired Keyboard
Mac -> Connect to TP-Link Powered USB Hub --> Acer Wired Keyboard

Then again, things are back to normal. Microsoft works as normal, and Acer responds to shortcuts.

I'm not sure how to debug this. How exactly are keyboards identified as unique? Because the same keyboard responds differently at the office.

Restarted the machine, disconnected and connected all keyborads and recreated the triggers. Seems to be working fine.

If anyone comes across the issue, restart the machine, unplug and plugin the devices again, and re-create the shortcuts.