The idea here is to be able to toggle a "Debugging Mode" which can be toggled on/off in the case of Multi-Action triggers and would be used primarily when building a new multi-action trigger. One of the option in this Debugging mode would be to add a minimum delay in between each action. That is, id delays are part of the action-set then all delays below that threshold will be raised to this minimum (temporarily, until Debugging Mode is turned off).
Essentially, this one feature can result in the following benefits:
- "slow-mode" to be able to see how the trigger is iterating through all the different actions
- Identify problematic actions due to misconfiguration
- Identify where exists the need to include delays and how long those delays need to be in order for the action-set to proceed correctly.
Additionally, other features may be added to Debugging mode. I'm not a dev. Here are a few ideas:
- Add the option to toggle logs for live viewing (if Andreas believes there are users who may benefit from these)
- Add the option to view script output in case the action set contains shell / other relevant scripts.