Moving windows under cursor accross monitors is sketchty.

Describe the bug
When I move the window under cursor with my BTT shortcut (fn + cmd in my case) it is working fine, until I try to move my cursor from one monitor to another. Then the window kind of tries to stick to my MacBooks display while the cursor is moving to my external monitor. If I move the cursor faster the window eventually moves to the other monitor.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Mouse/cursor movement

Screenshots
Nov-19-2019%2023-06-10
(sorry this forum seems not to like sharp gifs. Sharp version: https://giphy.com/gifs/dafsBzC1j4IqKrXRCu)
It kind of looks like this (first moving the mouse slow and then fast). - Unfortunately I could not record both monitors at the same time, but I think you get the idea.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
    macOS version: OSX 10.15.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: (3.207)

You can disable this option, then it should work:

Nope this did not help, unfortunately. But thanks for your help

Are you sure? This is the only thing in BTT that would block mouse movements to the top :-/
Possibly try to restart BTT after changing the setting.

I just rebooted and it did not help.
Btw: When using the moving keyboard shortcut feature, you cannot even evoke Mission Control.

I just played around with the OSX display arrangements: This only happens when using a top and bottom monitor and the window always tries to stick to the bottom screen (I just switched them around to test this).

Are you maybe just hitting the edges? (Macos doesn't allow window movements there)

There is a sharp gif version: https://giphy.com/gifs/dafsBzC1j4IqKrXRCu

I dont think so:

Ahh sorry, I didn't realize you were using the modifier key window movement. I can reproduce the issue now. I'll look into it!

1 Like

I am still experiencing this same issue. Dragging windows under cursor is not smooth, and in some cases it is not possible to drag a window to the second monitor. I have upgraded to the latest version of BTT, but the problem remains.

1 Like