Moving to another computer — most keyboard shortcuts not working anymore

Dear all,

My 2018 MacBook Pro (Mojave) is having a hardware issue, so I need to go back to a 2013 MacBook Pro (with Mojave as well). Thus, I have transferred on the oldest computer all software, among which my BTT triggers (in a single master preset, BTT 3.404). For some reason, certain triggers works and others do not and beep.

Working:
—screenshots
—keyboard shortcuts to window move/resize
—key sequences

Not working:
—keyboard shortcuts to type or paste text
—text replacement with java script

I cannot scratch my head anymore. Would you have any suggestion?

Best,

Matthieu

Weird. Did you grant BTT the Accessibility permissions in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy => Accessibility?

I did.
I have also disabled and re-enabled them, but no change.
:sob:

I just found out a solution.
I copy and paste a non-working trigger and... the copy works fine !

I am having the same issue even with replacing the shortcut's actions.

Most likely BTT is disabled then. Does this menu maybe offer options to enable it?

It isn't disable as some of the keyboard shortcuts work. I also made sure that the Secure Input option wasn't blocking anything as well as ensuring Input Monitoring, Accessibility, and Full Disk Access are turned on. Yesterday (and just now) I did a full reinstall of BTT, but when I import my Preset that was functioning fine until up until I started having issue.

(PS I know you're busy as you're doing all of this alone, but I've also reached out for some help on a few other things I can't find help with in the community (i.e. context menu triggers and Menu Bar triggers misbehaving, as well as performing shortcut actions in the background without the need to open an app). If you could help me out with those too that would be awesome!)

@Andreas_Hegenberg Andreas- I am begging for your help! I have nowhere else to turn since I can't find the answers to my issues in the Community because they aren't listed and no one ever replies to my inquiries.

I tried migrating everything to a new preset and now literally nothing works (old or new presets). I have a lifetime license because the app was so helpful and fantastic, but now the entire app is useless without completely redoing every single app keyboard shortcut, gesture, TouchBar, and Siri Remote customization I have set over the course of two years; that is literally hundreds of settings to redo. Even then I am not sure if it will work again. :pensive:

PLEASE help; I am begging you. :pray:

go to "help -> export diagnostic debug info" and send the result to me via andreas@folivora.ai, then I'll be able to tell what's wrong!

Thank you so much! :pray: Sending it immediately.

Could you try this version? (It's a development build, not yet available via alpha updates)
It should fix some parts about the database that I think might be causing the issue for you:

btt3.9994-2195.zip (folivora.ai)