Moving Action 1; A Custom Move / Resize Tool; Enable triggers or Activate Groups?

Issues with BTT Alpha (3.172 1351)

BTT is really coming along, it's awesome! Just a few areas I would like to post for assistance.

Using Touch Bar and Trigger with multiple actions, unsure how to move Action 1 to Action 2 (or greater) or vice versa, only able to move around those later actions among themselves?

With 'Button Title:' using two lines, unable to batch edit 'Font Size Second Line'.

I am often completely lost on the logic of Custom Move / Resize Window. I would appreciate a tool to allow me to copy and utilise the configuration of an existing frame. --Edit: sorry, I have just noticed assume the advanced Snap Tools and it looks promising but I have yet to get them functioning. Will take another look--

As an aside, what purpose does 'Custom name for this moving/resizing action:' have and are there any issues with how I use 'Trigger Name' vs the above 'Custom name…' for 'Custom Move / Resize Window'?

In the triggers for 'Touch Bar' can use a script to toggle or set 'Enabled / Visible on Touch Bar' or should I use Conditional Activation Groups? Any advice please.

Final question. Does Alt-Tab not work as an action in the way it is traditionally used to cycle through open apps?

No responses? Oh well. Instead, I have taught myself some applescript and will document that answer to custom move / resize allowing "me to copy and utilise the configuration of an existing frame" because it is really handy.

For scriptable apps, such as Calendar, this script:

tell application "Calendar" to get bounds of window 1

will output (say):

{2269, 23, 3440, 811}

which is where I want it when it opens on my UWHD monitor.

Then using this named script and attaching it to a touch bar will open the calendar app and place it where I prefer it:

tell application "Calendar"
activate
tell window 1 to set bounds to {2269, 23, 3440, 811}
end tell

For non scriptable apps, such as Newton Mail, the two scripts are:

tell application "System Events" to tell application process "Newton" to ¬
get {size, position} of window 1

in this case it returned:

{{1172, 1417}, {0, 23}}

which I use like this:

tell application "Newton"
activate
tell window 1 to set {size, position} to {{1172, 1417}, {0, 23}}
end tell

The major benefit occurs when with one touch bar press you are able to open a multiple number of apps and have them placed nicely. eg:

tell application "Calendar"
activate
tell window 1 to set bounds to {2269, 23, 3440, 811}
end tell
tell application "Newton"
activate
tell window 1 to set {size, position} to {{1172, 1440}, {0, 23}}
end tell

I remain keen to understand my question about touch bar triggers, if I can use a script to toggle or set 'Enabled / Visible on Touch Bar'? Any advice please.

1 Like