Move window one space/desktop left & right not working

Description
Move window one space/desktop left & right is not triggering, my cursor moves near to the green window management icon briefly, and returns back to it's starting position, however my window doesn't move.

I can see a few reports of this issue, but none of the suggested resolutions work for me. Yes, BTT uses the stock "Move left/right a space" actions to achieve the Move window one space left/right (if you click a window titlebar and perform the "move left/right a space" shortcut it will move the window).

I have tried to totally uninstall (including removal of library application support files) and install again from scratch, no change

I have ensured that BetterTouchTool has screen recording permissions (see screen shot below).

Affected input device
Trackpad and Keyboard

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 13" 2019 with Touch Bar
  • macOS version: 10.15.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.364 (via Setapp, the latest release available)

Additional information

PS - Love BTT :slight_smile:

+1, same problem, same config and love BTT too

try to reset permissions via this terminal command while BTT is quit:

tccutil reset All com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool

afterwards again make sure screen recording permissions are given.
The action will only work if you already have more than one space open.

Hi Andreas,
Tank you so much for prompt answer. Did not solve yet in my hands, but I manage to work around by setting new actions.

@Andreas_Hegenberg I think you've captured my issue "this action will only work if you already have more than one space open". I was incorrectly thinking this gave me the ability to move a window to a specific monitor.

Can you recommend a way for me to achieve the following

1 - Launch things
2 - Move window to specific monitor (always my MacBook Pro screen)
3 - Maximise it window left

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer this was my original approach, I now understand that the "Move Window" command is for something different. I guess I'm looking for "Move Window to Monitor X".

Hi there, I'm having the same issue here. Tried all the solutions listed above, but no luck :confused:
Has anyone made progress on this bug?

HI, Can you share your workaround?, keep having problem moving to left. Thank you.

Hi All, I'm still on this adventure to get Things to load just the way I want, however could I suggest looking at the "Menubar-Item" as a possible solution.

If you add a new action "Menubar-Item" with the value "Window;Move to Built-in Retina Display" (or whatever the monitor name is you want as your target.

CleanShot 2020-08-20 at 10.23.25@2x

1 Like