Move Right/Left a Space (Without Animation) does not work with macOS 27

Describe the bug
My shortcuts for moving to Spaces (left/right) without animations, which worked great on macOS 15 stopped working after upgrade to macOS 27. The actions without animations however work.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.): Logitech Keyboard MX Keys S for Mac


Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)


Device information:

  • Type of Mac: Mac Mini M2 16GB RAM
  • macOS version: 27.0
  • BetterTouchTool version: 6.831

There is no such issue on my side, what shortcut have you assigned?

Share preset: Use "Export selected preset to file"

[
{
"BTTLastUpdatedAt" : 1789846503.817374,
"BTTTriggerType" : 0,
"BTTTriggerClass" : "BTTTriggerTypeKeyboardShortcut",
"BTTUUID" : "3F5F7765-304A-4029-8E92-FF136C167479",
"BTTAdditionalConfiguration" : "8650753",
"BTTShortcutScope" : 0,
"BTTShortcutKeyboardType" : 1580,
"BTTTriggerOnDown" : 1,
"BTTLayoutIndependentChar" : "RIGHT",
"BTTShortcutKeyCode" : 124,
"BTTShortcutAdvancedModifierKeys" : "8650753",
"BTTShortcutModifierKeys" : 8650752,
"BTTOrder" : 8,
"BTTAutoAdaptToKeyboardLayout" : 0,
"BTTActionsToExecute" : [
{
"BTTLastUpdatedAt" : 1789827559.292686,
"BTTTriggerParentUUID" : "3F5F7765-304A-4029-8E92-FF136C167479",
"BTTIsPureAction" : true,
"BTTUUID" : "5D293A61-9916-4B49-BE20-8968AAB5D623",
"BTTPredefinedActionType" : 528,
"BTTPredefinedActionName" : "Move Right a Space (Without Animation)",
"BTTOrder" : 1
}
],
"BTTTriggerConfig" : {
"BTTHUDText" : "Testing in progress ...",
"BTTHUDDetailText" : "CTRL+ALT+RIGHT gedrückt",
"BTTHUDSFSymbol" : ":right_arrow:"
}
}
]

working on my device

I am on BetterTouchTool 6.834 (alpha) @hansi

This same keyboard shortcut on Mac assigned for switching spaces too! May be try disabling them in keyboards shortcut ← system setting

make sure you have at least one gesture enabled for "swipe between full-screen applications" in System Settings => Trackpad. This is currently required for Golden Gate, I might be able to add a workaround to make this optional with one of the next versions.

OK, thanks. But sadly i have no Trackpad - only the normal keyboard and mouse...

Thanks for the advice. But they are already disabled.

And on 6.835 (alpha) in does still not work on my device.

I think without any touch devices connected (Magic Mouse or Trackpad) macOS doesn't enable the needed functionality for this.

Let's see whether I can find a proper workaround.

Sorry for the inconvinience! I am looking forward to it, cause it was a realy nice feature. There are apps designed only for that, but i would prefer to not have another app loaded.

6.838 alpha should work on systems where the swipes are disabled, however I don't know yet whether it will work if no touch hardware is connected at all

I have 4 finger swipe to change spaces without animation set up in BTT and the setting you pointed to was off and it was all working fine before macOS27. It stopped working after update, I enabled the gesture you pointed to but now it swipes with the animation as it seems the system settings gesture is taking over the BTT gesture?

hello. my trackpad settings are attached. im on an open laptop, so there is a touch device; however, I have a mouse connected and i use scroll left and scroll right from my mouse as triggers for the move space (without animation) commands.

im using v6.864 (I believe latest) and still not able to use the command :frowning:

confusingly, for the "Move right a space (without animation)" command, my screen wiggles, but nothing at all happens for move left. I also tried keyboard triggers and get the same results.

I've been playing around with MacOS 27 and BTT. I get the same jank failure behavior where instant switch does not work.

Here is the best I've found so far for fast-switch to next space right.

It's not perfect like the previous BTT MacOS with the instant switching, but better than slow switch.

Use the opposite value (10) for the left switch.

Note to Andreas: for some reason, the numbers seem backward in the latest versions. Previously it was +10 for right and -10 for left. Now it's reversed.

Since Golden Gate, The Move Right/Left a Space (without animation) is backwards using my Logitech Lift side buttons , but only works when going left. Sometimes it fails to work altogether.

Using Command-F1/F2 does work, but the no-animation bit doesn't.

@lau are you on the latest BTT build? It seems to work fine here.

work fine for me too! but sometime feel / trigger late I assigned 4 F left / right swipe

Yes, right now I'm on build 6.914. If I've got three spaces open, I can go from the middle one to the right or the left, but once I'm there I can't go back. The buttons are still responding backwards.