"Move right a space" action moves left instead

Tested against latest stable version and alpha version - 3.9984 (2174).

Describe the bug
Any action that should trigger "Move Right a Space" instead moves left a space. If the current active desktop is the leftmost one, no action occurs. The trackpad gesture for swipe between full-screen applications is working as expected (this is set up externally to BTT), when multiple desktop spaces are available or apps are running in full-screen.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Any - reproduced on both normal mouse and with a keyboard shortcut. The triggered action is the problem, not the input (which is recognised correctly).

Screenshots
N/A

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2019 Intel MBP
  • macOS version: Ventura 13.0.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.9984 (2174) but it's been happening for the last few versions, and possibly since the Ventura upgrade.

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
No workaround available to me. I switch desktops using the app expose functionality, and then the "move left a space" action will still work to take me through the desktops going left. If I trigger the "move right" it will also go left in this case, until the leftmost one is reached.

Possibly something is wrong with the shortcuts defined in System Settings => Keyboard => Keyboard Shortcuts => Mission Control => Mission Control

(BTT uses these to switch the spaces)

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. You are quite right that they both had the same keyboard shortcut bound in there (perhaps there could be a pointer to this spot somewhere in the documentation for the action within BTT?).

I reset the keyboard shortcuts to default, but this did not fix the problem immediately. However, running killall Dock from the terminal then solved the problem - so if anyone else is experiencing the same issue, a restart of the OS (or at least the Dock) might be required.

Thanks very much!

1 Like

I just had the same thing happen. For no reason at all, BTT stopped allowing me to move right a space. Never would have thought to check the OS keyboard shortcuts, so thank you for posting this here. No idea what changed the shortcuts, or why, so that's a curious problem...

Fixing the keyboard shortcut in System Settings and running the killall Dock did the fix for me as the answers suggested. Thanks all.