Mouse shortcut modifier keys requires double modifier key entry

Describe the bug

When I try and create a new shortcut involving a mouse action and a modifier key, I click the box for the modifier key I would like to assign as part of the shortcut, but BTT seems to register that I should need to press that modifier key twice, instead of just once. This happens with all modifier key selections and with all mouse actions.

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook pro
  • macOS version: Mac OS Cataline 10.15.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one"): 3.401

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Anybody has an answer? Having the same issue with keyboard shortcuts. Not tried with mouse.

My use case in Music.app:

Anything I might be doing wrong / forgetting?

Device information:
Type of Mac: MBA M1
macOS: Big Sur 11.1
BTT version: 3.509

the above is just a display issue, what exactly is wrong with your keyboard shortcut?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Not sure what you mean by "display issue".

The problem is, that I have to invoke the shortcut twice for it to work.

The mouse issue displayed above is just an error in the display logic of the UI, it has no effect on the trigger.
In that case your issue is a different one :slight_smile:

I think in this case it might be an issue with the music app. It seems that the "Next Song" item also only works sometimes when clicking the menu item manually (it only seems to add the songs sometimes to the "Playing Next" section.) Can you confirm this?

Although for some of my playlists it gets added always to the "Playing Next" list. For them my shortcut seems to work fine too. :man_shrugging: Not sure what's the logic behind that.

You are correct, I can confirm this is indeed a problem with the music app itself. Very strange.
Thanks anyway!