Mouse Button 3 missing as Action for Click Type

I have tried the latest stable and alpha versions.
I assume this has been an issue for a while.

Description:
When mapping Normal Mouse (and other input mapping categories like Trackpad), in the Action "Custom Mouse Buttons & Modifiers(...)" the Click Type "Button: 3" is not available, while the other Button numbers are, and even though Button 3 on a mouse works as a trigger.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2019 16" MBPr
  • macOS version: 10.15.7
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.869

Extra information:
I was doing something silly, I wanted to map Mouse Button 3 to Button 3, and Mouse Button 4 to Button 4. But Button 3 is not an available Action, I assume this is an oversight or mistake. When considering if this is a "Feature Request" or "Bug Report" I thought that it leaned more heavily towards the latter.

on macos button 3 is the middle mouse button :slight_smile:

So the reason there is a distinct Trigger for the scroll wheel click (middle mouse button) and for Button 3 is because certain mice make that distinction? A lot of mice have two buttons on the side. Typically, they trigger Forward and Back (like in web browsers or anywhere else). To my memory, normally those are Button 4 and 5?

This is what I get if I "record a mouse button" using the two side buttons and mouse wheel click:

ah that‘s interesting, which mouse is this?

Usually they would be 4&5

I got the same results with a few different Logitech mice using their two side buttons and middle-click/(scroll wheel click).
MX Master 2S
MX Master 3
MX Ergo

On a Logitech G602 which has 6 side buttons, the G4 and G5 button "records" as Button 3 and Button 4, respectively. (There is no labelled G3 button, I assume that is Button 3 and thus the middle-click.)

1 Like

I’ll check what’s going on! Maybe something changed at some point

1 Like

This was indeed a bug in BTT. It is now fixed in 3.870 alpha

1 Like