Most Touch Bar icons very blurred after updating today

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.
This changed when updating the the latest stable release. It's still blurred after applying the latest alpha.

Describe the bug
Type is still sharp, as is the iTunes logo, but all the other icons are now very blurred. I tried swapping them in the configuration, but other icons from there were also blurred.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 13
  • macOS version: 10.15.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")
    3.400 (1629) - same problem with latest stable

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Do you have changed your display resolution to some non-standard resolution lately?

Yes, I hadn't realised this was the trigger. When I mirror to an external monitor (1600x1200), the touchbar icons are blurring.

If I use the default MacBook screen resolution and restart the touchbar icons are sharp.

Any thoughts on how to have the touchbar icons the right resolution and mirror to 1600x1200? I'm in a strange use case as I prefer to only use an external e-ink monitor most of the time.

unfortunately I haven't found a workaround for this yet. It seems to be a bug in the macOS functions I use for rendering on the Touch Bar, but I haven't been able to figure out the exact issue ;-(

I'll do some more tests with this.

Appreciated. Thanks.