Mission control, magnify, mic and dnd buttons

I used to be able to change the actions of the mission control keys (f3), magnify lense key (f4), etc.

It seems btt does pick them up when you record them, but pressing them simply runs macos's functions for them. I disabled them everywhere else I could find in macOS. Is this just not possible anymore?

is maybe secure input mode activated on your mac right now? (click the BTT menubar icon - if that's the case it would show a warning on top of the menu)

In that mode various keyboard related funtionality can not work

That was it! Thank you Andreas! Super fast response and correct answer off the bat. Great community!

I'm having this issue as well on Monterey, but BTT is enabled in Input Monitoring. Any advice @Andreas_Hegenberg?

Same here, using latest macOS (13.5.1) and BTT (4.212). Input Monitoring is enabled, BTT is configured to use "Immer alte Tastatur Shortcut Implementierung verwenden" (use old keyboard shortcut implementation). Unfortunately the special keys stopped working...

Ah, good news! Using the latest alpha and disabling "use old implementation..." (i.e. using the new impl, the second checkbox for the fallback is activated), everything is working as expected!

1 Like