Menubar icon does not appear

Describe the bug
No matter what the setting is in the UI preferences the Menubar icon does not appear.

Bug started from the previously officially released version (3.05 I think) and it remains. I tried some other versions after 3.05, but no luck.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: mac mini (late 2012)
  • macOS version: 12.14.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.098

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

I am a paid user of BTT. Can I get some support please? Thanks :wink:

Let me know if any other information is required regarding this issue.

Seems to work fine here.

This is checked?

Yes. It was always checked, until it suddenly disappeared. I tried to set it off and then back on again, nothing changed. I also removed and re-added BTT in the Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy settings of Mac OS. No luck either. Thank you.

Weird, but BTT itself still works on your machine?

Maybe try downloading a fresh copy via folivora.ai/downloads

Weird, but BTT itself still works on your machine?

Yes

Maybe try downloading a fresh copy via folivora.ai/downloads

I did, no change.

I am not sure if this is of any help, but in one of my previous attempts with some older version, my system almost froze when I attempted to re-enable the menu icon setting. All the other menu icons disappeared as well! After waiting several minutes, I re-gained control of my touch pad and keyboard and managed to force quite BTT. The menu icons re-appeared. This situation never happened again though.

Thanks.

Oh wait. Did you maybe use the predefined action "Show / Hide Menubar Icons Left of BTT icon" ? BTT will remember the last state you set using that action and restore it after relaunching.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Solved!! Thanks! I think I had set up this action ages ago

1 Like

Almost 3 years later, I was just hit by the same "bug"! I tried everything to get the BetterTouchTool icon back including logging out and back in, reinstall, upgrading my license since the previous one was bought longer than 2 years ago (which I wanted to do anyway, great software!).
Finally adding the action to "Show / Hide Menubar Icons Left of BTT icon" and triggering this action got me my icon back (then I removed that action). Thanks!