macOS TouchBar while Screen recording?

Yo!

So, I have that trigger for screen recording. Now, I like the native Touch Bar for that because it allows me to stop the video and (more important) display the size of the record.
Is there a possibility to display the macOS Touch Bar while screen recording? Tried to find the process name with a CAG, didn't work.
Toggling the Touch Bar as an associated action works, but I have to reactivate it by myself at the end. Not handy at all!!

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!! Stay safe, stay inside,
~Caliguvara

You could use an app like Touch Bar Simulator https://sindresorhus.com/touch-bar-simulator/

My bad! What I meant was just to disable the BTT Touch Bar while screen recording, and automatically enable it again as soon as I stop recording :slightly_smiling_face:

Or, as a hack/#feature-requests, add a widget that gets the information of the screen recording tool and displays it in the Touch Bar. No clue if this is doable though :joy:

Ah sorry I misunderstood.
Unfortunately I think there is no way to figure out whether an app is currently recording the screen, thus this can't be used as a trigger.

I wanted to add a new "if process with name is running" condition to the CAG's, maybe that could help :-/

This could be great indeed! Waiting for a BTT update with this feature! :slightly_smiling_face:

Added in 3.349 alpha (will be online in 5 minutes). Note sure if it will help in your case, but it's a good feature anyways.

However it might take a moment before the processes are updated, getting the list of processes is a relatively expensive task, thus BTT is only doing it when it thinks the processes have changed.

1 Like

ayy time for me to help you :smiley: (if you still need it....)
Command + Control + esc stops screen recording (in Quicktime Player). So just make a button and set it to Command + Control + esc.. you know what to do :slight_smile:

Back three months later (totally forgot to give feedback :man_facepalming:t4:)
It works! Has a 7sec lag though, and sometimes the bar toggles randomly, but it works! Thanks a lot :smiley:

@Future_Face nice idea, but as I use the built in macOS recording tool instead of the QT Player functions, it is kinda a hack :wink: Also, the most important part for me here is to see the size of the clip I'm recording :man_shrugging:t4:

But one you figured out that the process to watch for is screencapture, everything is fine :smiley:

1 Like