MacBook Pro 2016 error " the file couldn't be saved because you don't have permission

Describe the bug
Hi, so I recently restored my MacBook Pro from a Time Machine backup. I have been continuously getting The file couldn’t be saved because you don’t have permission. To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info. So I already did as they said, and I have checked that I have given myself full read and write access. This bug is completely rendering my MacBook Pro useless, as I keep getting this stupid error popping up whenever I open a new application. I have already run first aid in disk utility and it does absolutely nothing. For reference, I am running the goldenchaos preset, the latest stable version I believe, right now I can't even open the bettertouchtool application and may have to completely delete it.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
My entire MacBook Pro system is affected

Screenshots
IMG_8637.HEIC.zip (1.1 MB)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 2016 13 inch core i5
  • macOS version: Mojave v 10.14
  • BetterTouchTool version: latest version

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

delete the file, BetterTouchTool will re-generate it with the correct permissions.
However this will delete your settings, so maybe create an export first

But I think his issue is (I assume because I have the same issue):

When you have opened BTT for some time, mac os goes crazy. It locks all files on your drive and doesn't allow to write anything. It prevents application from running (probably because of the file locks). You can try anything like chowning to yourself, chmodding to 777 using sudo to do so and you will fail to unlock the file. The only remedy is to restart mac os and disable BTT.

The user information was probably incorrectly set when you restored from time machine, especially if it was a migration to a new machine.

To fix it go to a terminal window and:

cd ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool
sudo chown *