Lookup Word Under Cursor not working

'Lookup Word Under Cursor' has not been working for the last 1-2 months. The action opens Application Expose instead. Have tried assigning the action to '4 Finger Tap,' '3 Finger Tap,' '3 Finger Tap + Shift,' all with the same effect.

Strangely, if I turn off the action in BTT and turn on the native macOS action in System Settings > Trackpad (Look up & data detectors: Tap with three fingers), it sometimes works but mostly still opens Application Expose. I wonder because of this, is BTT overriding the native macOS action when running or could this instead be a Ventura bug?

Was on the Regular Channel updates until ~3 weeks ago, and the issue seems to be persistent on all the latest updates.

Thank you

**Affected input device: Magic Trackpad 1
**tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool v4.107

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Mac Mini M1 2020
  • macOS version: Ventura 13.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: v4.107

Same here. Even double checked all my default Mac trackpad settings as well as BTT [trackpad preferences] :disappointed:

The Mac trackpad settings of 1 finger force click works fine.

Ventura 13.5.1
BTT 4.298

(Not sure if OP still even has the issue :grimacing: ((10/27/23, 11:10pm))

what trigger are you using to execute the "lookup word under cursor" action? It seems to work fine here on macOS Sonoma 14.1

I opened this bug report back in June. I found a clue to what was happening-- macOS kept resetting my keyboard shortcut to cmd-ctrl-opt-shift-↓ in System Settings > Keyboard Shortcuts > Mission Control > Application windows. This is why I was experiencing App Exposé when I tried 'Lookup Word Under Cursor', but not sure how this was tied to the 4 Finger Tap or 3 Finger Tap triggers I had Lookup set to. I would delete the key combo repeatedly, but macOS kept resetting it to that same combo in System Settings. Anyways, this was on Ventura and a different mac. Now I am on a new mac on Sonoma with the latest BTT stable installed and no longer experience this bug. Not sure if this helps anyone or if it was BTT-related, but it seems like it was a Ventura issue. Thank you

Not using any of the BTT triggers since the "Lookup Word Under cursor" it's not registering for whatever reason.

Easy workaround: If I want to assign for e.g., a 3 finger tap, I can do so. I just have to assign the action to send keyboard shortcut "⌃⌘D"

⌃⌘D I believe is the default Mac shortcut for lookup.

(For the record on Mac's keyboard shortcuts the lookup option doesn't have the above shortcut registered, it's empty but the shortcut still works to look up word under cursor)