Lead to Safari crash

Describe the bug
Binding BBT four finger click with cmd+w and I use it to close tabs in Safari and Finder.
But it would lead to safari crash from time to time.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Macbook pro 15' 2016. / Trackpad

Screenshots
Just lead to safari crash and the system would remind me that safari crashes and need to researt or report to Apple.(next time I would get an screen shot and upload)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: macbook pro 15' 2016
  • macOS version: High Sierra 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.636 (happens with older verisons, too)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Here you go...
After typing all the staff above and try to close this tab using the four finger click, safari crashes again like shown above.

Do you have any safari plugins installed?

Yes, I do.
There are, LassPass, Evernote,Stylish, Grammerly, ABP and Tempermonkey.

Me too with same question.

"three fingers swipe down = cmd+W for global" causes Safari crash from time to time.
The crash frequency seems higher when closing tabs one by one rapidly.
I have only one Safari plug-in - Adblock Plus.

This is probably something that needs to be reported to Apple.
Can you find a crash log and attach it here? (they are in the macOS Console app under "User Diagnostic Reports"). If so I'll forward it to Apple.

As a workaround for now you may try to configure it using the predefined action "Trigger Menubar Menu Item" instead of using the shortcut (only for Safari)

crash report.zip (44.3 KB)
Hi, I can't locate the crash log so I have to paste the information into a word document. I'm experiencing the same problem. I am currently using four finger tap to simulate cmd+W. Could you be more specific about how to use the trigger menubar option? Thanks.

2 Likes

Please find my attached log report in word.

Me too with the same question. Please pay attention.

Me too with same question.

"three fingers swipe down = cmd+W for global" causes Safari crash from time to time.

I have only one Safari plug-in - uBlock origin.

Unfortunately it turned out to be a bug in Safari.
It's not really fixable, but you can use the predefined action "Trigger Menubar Menu" instead of sending the keyboard shortcut.

I think it will be fixed in Safari eventually.