Keyboard shortcuts not working

Describe the bug
I am sure this is a PEBKAC error, but none of my keyboard shortcuts seem to be working (macOS 11.3.1) but my trackpad shortcuts are working just fine. Mostly, I have the opt+Function keys defined to do what they would do if I didn't have “use F1, F2 keys as standard function keys” since the Fn key on the apple keyboard w numpad is way over on the right. I also have a ⇧⌥⌘-X definition to bring up a floating web view.

I did try disabling and reënabling the permission in Security and Privacy (Accessibility and Screen Recording) but that made no difference, and the behavior has persisted tjrough restarts.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard

Device information:

• Type of Mac: M1 Mini
  • macOS version: 11.3.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.553 (same on 3.562)

I’ve updated to 14.4RC and no change in behavior. Hittong ⌥F1 just gives a beep, as does ⇧⌥⌘-X.

Do you happen to have the Signal desktop app running? That was it for me (which blocked aText as well). Restarting Signal fixed it for me.

I don’t. The only other keyboard specific things I have are Typinator and Rocket. I will try a setup with a barebones user and BTT only. :woman_shrugging:

Bunmer! That was just the thing: Signal isn't keyboard related at all. It just appeared to block all keyboard related apps. A few months ago, I had Copied blocking some shortcuts.

Point I'm trying to make is: just quit all apps and services, maybe it's coming from an unsuspecting angle.

If you click BTT's menubar icon, does it show something about "Secure Input" being active?