Keyboard shortcut only works one time

Describe the bug
I am using BTT on the Mac to send the "Enter" key to Finder when F2 is pressed (which should allow renaming of the file). When I just started BTT, it works exactly as expected. However, after a single use, it stops working and just "beeps" whenever F2 is pressed. Note that it is set to "Prevent recursive triggers".

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook Pro, running Mojave (v10.14.6).

Screenshots
No useful screenshot available.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15"
  • macOS version: 10.14.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: v3.206 (1382)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
The workaround is to restart BTT every time, but that defeats the purpose / convenience of this keyboard shortcut.

Here is some additional information. I have tried changing the keyboard shortcut to a different key combination, but the result is the same. I also tried unchecking the "Prevent recursive triggers", and that actually does allow it to keep working, but then (as one might expect) triggers another BTT keyboard trigger (in particular, "Enter" is mapped onto the Command-O keyboard shortcut which opens the file).

So, in short, the problem seems to be related to the "Prevent recursive triggers" feature. Once selected, the BTT keyboard trigger can only be run one time, and then stops working (until BTT is restarted).

weird, I’ll look into that!

Another data point for you (note that I am using this shortcut with the Finder app on a Macbook). I've now learned that, as long as I switch to another application, and then return back to the Finder, then the shortcut works again (for one time). However, if I stay within the Finder app., then it only works once.

I have identified and fixed the issue - the fix will be included in the next update this weekend!

Thank you! :slight_smile: