Keyboard Shortcut is triggering outside of CAG it is grouped under

Describe the bug

Recently (within the last month or two I would guess), a keyboard shortcut I have configured inside a "Busy" CAG (Conditional Activation Group) has started triggering when the CAG conditions are FALSE (not activated).

This trigger ALSO has its own ADDITIONAL advanced conditions, which are TRUE.

Before, these additional advanced conditions were only evaluated when the CAG was TRUE.

After/now, it would appear the trigger is firing if any of the trigger's advanced conditions are TRUE, even when the CAG the trigger is inside is FALSE.

Did something change recently that would cause this unexpected behavior?

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Keyboard Shortcuts

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

CAG Conditions (the CAG where the Keyboard Shortcut is defined):

Trigger inside CAG - Advanced Conditions...

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro
  • macOS version: Sonoma 14.3.1 (23D60)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.403

Additional information (e.g. crash logs, related issues, etc.):

are you sure the shortcut has not accidentally been copied somewhere else? (try checking the „show hud“ option to see whether it’s really that one that is triggering)

I already have the HUD for that trigger setup, which is how I noticed it.

If I go to Keyboard Shortcuts, then visit the "All Apps" sidebar item, will it show me all Keyboard triggers from all sidebar CAGs? Or is it showing me Keyboard shortcuts that are NOT assigned to a CAG?

Because I am seeing this one in the All Apps section (as well as the Busy CAG section).

What's odd is that if I disable it in the All Apps section, it is also disabled in the "Busy" CAG section, so that makes me think it is the same trigger... a bit confused. It's the same UUID.

No the all apps section just means that these triggers will always be active, for all apps. If you see it there as well it is duplicated there. Try to delete it there :slight_smile:

I did that, but it removed it from the CAG as well. Which makes sense because it was the same exact UUID.

At least I copied it so I could just paste it back into the CAG. Now it is NOT appearing in the All Apps and is only appearing the CAG it belongs to. Thank you.

Maybe that trigger was corrupted?

Oh yes, this definitely sounds like a slight corruption. I think I know why it can happen - maybe I'll add a check that prevent this.

1 Like