Issue with Option Key + Mouse Scroll Triggering Arrow Keys

Hello People,

I’m trying to create a trigger in BetterTouchTool for use within a certain app, where holding down the Option key and scrolling the mouse wheel up or down will simulate pressing "Option + Arrow Up" and "Option + Arrow Down" respectively. Here's what I've done so far:

1. I selected the specific app in the app-specific settings to ensure these triggers only apply there.
  2. I chose 'Normal Mouse' as my input device.
  3. For the first trigger, I've set it to recognize "Option + Scroll Up." I used the "Record Mouse Button" feature and ended up with "Option + Arrow Up" for the scroll up action.
  4. In the action assignment, I chose a keyboard shortcut and specified "Option + Arrow Up."

This setup logically seems correct, and I would expect that every time I trigger "Option + Scroll Up," the assigned "Option + Arrow Up" action would occur. However, it does not work as intended. Interestingly, when I replace the scroll up action with any other mouse button action, like a left click, right click, or even middle click, the assigned keyboard action triggers correctly. The same issue occurs with the scroll down action.

Here's a screenshot of the macro setup for clarity:

Does anyone have know why the scroll action doesn’t trigger the assigned keyboard shortcut, while other mouse buttons do? And how to resolve this issue?

Many Thanks..

Hi everyone.

Just resuming this thread again — I'm still trying to resolve the issue where "Option + Scroll" doesn't trigger "Option + Arrow Up/Down" in BetterTouchTool as expected.

Could the admins or anyone else familiar with this issue provide some guidance or feedback?
Is it a bug in the software ?

Thanks!