is it possible to create a gesture to open the DevonThink app window containing the work inbox ?

Containing the word inbox, not window name is inbox.
thanks in advance for your time and help

Not sure what you mean. Do you want to search for the word "inbox" in all entries of a Devonthink database and do it with a BTT gesture? If so, set up these two actions and triggered them with your gesture.

⌘⌥ + f
Insert/type Text „inbox“

1 Like

sorry for not explaining correctly.
in DevonThink (could be any app) in which many windows are usually open at the same time, I want to click on (equivalent to) Window → select the window containing the word Inbox
thank you @Frank1 for taking the time to think about my question.

The word "inbox" is in the window title?

yes it is

I was wondering if it's possible to generate a BTT gesture equivalent to the keyboard maestro macro

You first said: "not window name is inbox"

Anyway, you have a KM macro. Good, very easy. I assume you have a shortcut to trigger this macro. Use this shortcut as action for the gesture in BTT. That's it.

If you want to do it with BTT, then like this.

• Open app Devonthink
  • Trigger menubar item "inbox"

But that is not necessary. Many trigger their KM macros with BTT.

1 Like

OK thanks.

Just a side note…
There is no need for all those steps. Just use the database’s item link: x-devonthink-item://inbox and open the URL.

If DEVONthink is open:

• It will open a main window with the Global Inbox selected.
  • It will bring to the front an existing window that has the Global Inbox selected.

If DEVONthink is not open, it will launch and open a main window with the Global Inbox selected.

Easy one command action :slight_smile:

1 Like

good point. You are right. Thank you very much !

My pleasure :smiley: