Invert Trackpad orientation stopped working after upgrading to Monterey

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.
Invert Trackpad orientation stopped working after upgrading to Monterey

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Trackpad

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MBP
  • macOS version: 12.0.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one") 2.685

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Ref for functionality - https://www.cultofmac.com/681839/how-to-use-your-mac-magic-trackpad-upside-down/

I realized that the problem gets solved if I toggle the Bluetooth button after logging on. But this is a pain to do with every login. What's the solution here? Appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Ankit

I am experiencing this, also. I can't say exactly when this behavior began, it was one of the updates released in the last couple of weeks. It does not appear to be related to Monterey, I had Monterey for a while before the most recent BetterTouchTool updates.

I notice this most often in the mornings right after my Mac wakes up from sleep. It does happen at other times during the day, though.

Unlike ankit.indigenius, I sometimes have a hard time getting the inverted trackpad behavior to restore. I disconnect and reconnect the trackpad, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I toggle the inverted trackpad behavior off and on again in BetterTouchTool, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I often have to just deal with the trackpad being in "normal" orientation (which, because of how I need to have it positioned, is upside-down for me) until it eventually goes back to inverted at some random time later in the day.

Fortunately for me, the trackpad is my secondary/backup input device but this issue has been an annoyance and definitely only began recently.

Type of Mac: 21.5" iMac 2019, 3.6GHz i3
MacOS Version: 12.0.1
BetterTouchTool Version: 3.626 (1778)
Trackpad: Apple original Magic Trackpad (2010)

I've had to disable the "invert trackpad orientation" function in BTT because it's roughly 50% hit-or-miss if the trackpad is going to be inverted when I reach to use it and, as I previously reported, I sometimes can't get the inverted orientation setting to work – seems completely random as to both.

Annoying for me as I can't use the Trackpad in normal orientation where I normally keep it because the lower edge gets stuck under my keyboard (in addition to being very unergonomic when in normal orientation) so I have to move it to a completely different position on my desk and deal with the trackpad's lower edge closer to me rather than further away.

I'm having the same issue as JohnMHammer, all of his description matches what I am seeing too. Very frustrating part of my workday, most days. Nondeterministic workarounds. Ack, please fix! I use the trackpad inverted to help with my RSI, this is very important to me and in fact the only reason I bought BTT. This has been happening for a while, perhaps a year.

Mac: MacBookPro 16" 2019, 2.6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM
macOS: Monterey, 12.4
BTT version: 3.209 (1386)
Trackpad: Apple original Magic Trackpad (2009)

Have you tried just setting the "Scrolling Direction" in MacOS preferences instead?

@Small, the issue is about the mouse movement, after physically rotating the trackpad 180 degrees on the desk. Thank you for your response and idea in any case :).