"Inertial repeat" for swipe gestures

I can already make swipe actions repeat while I keep my finger on the touchpad, but it feels a little unnatural that the repeat rate is constant rather than based on how quickly I swipe.

I'd love to be able to swipe through my Chrome tabs with the same tactile, almost "gliding" feeling that OS X scrolling has.

Unfortunately this won't be added in the near term because it would require a complete rewrite of the swipe gestures. However it's on my long-term todo list.

2 Likes

Right on. LMK if you need any testers. I'd offer some dev time, but my personal project time is too scarce already. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I want this to be able to control volume wtih two finger slide on trackpad (same like on touchpad)

Hey @Andreas_Hegenberg – is this still a limitation with the gesture system?

I would love inertia based gesture repeat– I have been trying to mimic the ChromeOS 3 finger swipe to change tabs on macOS for forever.

I think any brightness/volume control would also benefit from some acceleration curve for repeating.

I am actually using 2 finger swipes over menubar with these values for years now:
CleanShot 2023-02-24 at 10.22.59@2x

I'd say it's a pretty good approximation to the real effect, because the gesture is only triggered while the fingers are touching (moving through) trackpad. I even created same gestures for my Magic Mouse. Could work with the tabs switching as well!